Wednesday, April 26, 2006

My Song

Music has always played a vital part in my life. Perhaps this partially explains why a passage I recently read in a novel by B. J. Hoff resonates with something within me. A school teacher was praying and reading scripture:

"And in his spirit, Truth whispered: The music of life is within you...not in the world, not in circumstances or external things...and not in an instrument. You are the instrument, and I am the music. Whatever road you walk in this life, it is because I have set your feet upon it. Whatever trials you encounter, whatever struggles you endure--your joys, your sorrows--these, too, are My will. I would have you, through the life you live with me, show these children....these people...that the music of life is within, not without...that it comes from Me. I am your hope...your strength...your song. I, the Lord, am your music."

"The Lord is my strength and song, And he has become my salvation; This is my God, and I will praise Him; My father's God, and I will extol Him."
- Exodus 15:2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home